Guideline costs for our construct build service and crop transformation services are detailed below. Please contact us to discuss your exact requirements for a tailored quote.
Prices are valid for 2012 and exclude VAT
To prepare constructs containing the customer's gene or sequence of interest £2, 368 per construct
- For each construct we will provide 10-20 independent transgenic lines.
- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation costs: £5,000 per construct.
- Estimated timescale from construct supply to rooted T0 in vitro plants = 14 weeks.
- T1 seed can be supplied at an additional cost to cover glasshouse fees.
- For each construct we will provide 20 independent transgenic lines
- Agrobacterium transformation costs: £3,600 per construct
- Estimated timescale from construct supply to rooted T0 in vitro plants = 14 weeks
- T1 seed can be supplied at an additional cost to cover glasshouse fees
- For each construct supplied we aim to deliver 10 independent PCR +ve primary (T0) transgenic lines
- T0 plantlets will be supplied as rooted in vitro cultures ~ 12 weeks
- Agrobacterium transformation costs: £4,992 per construct
- T1 seed can also be supplied at an additional cost to cover glasshouse fees
Additional service costs
- Transgene copy number analysis (based on qPCR of the selectable marker gene) is carried out by iDNA genetics.
- £2/ plant DNA extraction
- £5/plant copy number analysis
- Expression analysis (gene of interest) by qPCR (iDNA genetics). Cost on application
- Glasshouse charges for transgenic seed production. Costs are based on a m2/month usage. A cost estimate will be provided based on plant species/ number of plants and time of year (lit or unlit costs).